Mary Sonya Conti

Medium: Mixed Medium
Website: http://www.artid.com/msonya

From the Artist:
Acrylic Inks, watercolor, gouache, collage (patterned paper), gold leaf

Tags: ·

• 1 Dina Kerik // Mar 21, 2009 at 11:14 pm

Sonya! It still amazes me that you can achieve what you do in your medium! I love her! This is the Fool as Mage and Wisdom and yet balancing the future all the while!!
    I want fabric like the Universal Sky!

Q

• 2 Sheela Goh // Mar 22, 2009 at 12:08 am

This is so beautiful, like an Indian goddess ruling the world with compassion, balance and a sense of humour.

• 3 June Saville // Mar 22, 2009 at 12:12 am

If she can only retain her balance a little longer …

• 4 Martha Marshall // Mar 22, 2009 at 9:01 pm

Fantastic image. There’s a message here, a riddle, a puzzle for the world to solve. She looks a little impatient with us. I hope we do solve it before it’s too late.

• 5 Marian Fannon Christian // Mar 23, 2009 at 3:27 am

I think this might be a self portrait Sonya? Something about it makes me feel it is you. Beautiful.

• 6 sonya meglaurel // Mar 24, 2009 at 12:38 am

The court jester employed props, danced, poked fun mocked and told endless stories to entertain and mystify the audience. Behind some tales truth lay hidden for listener to discover and consider. Here the mischief maker dances across our good earth pointing to the future the shadow of what might be should we continue to be ignorant in our own daily dance of what is freely given from Mother Earth.

Thank you all for your beautiful comments.

You each put together what have read over the years. Indian lore, tarot cards and their drawings, esoteric insights, and we need to change what we are doing to our home our Earth. Have been reading about the Northern Cree people and their dances with the Spirits when the Aurora lights up the sky’s. Would like to think that she may represent the inner child in me dearest Fanny, the Fool who would make you laugh in a off handed way but drive home a truth that would make life better for all.

Look at this Beautiful Gallery; each individual’s concept and approach unique yet collaborative Thank you for letting me get a glimpse of each of you through your eyes.

• 7 MDE Art Blog // Mar 24, 2009 at 1:16 pm

Gorgeous! I like the color and texture a lot. Amazing depth in every element.