Sarah Donnellan

March 22nd, 2009 · 12 Comments

Name: Sarah Donnellan
Location: United States
Title: A Fool’s Mask
Size: 6 1/2″ H x 5″ W
Medium: polymer clay, acrylic paint
Website: http://www.artisticrhythms.blogspot.com/
artisticrhythms@gmail.com

Tags: ·

• 1 Sonya Meglaurel // Apr 2, 2009 at 7:29 am

Sarah, this one stays with you and pops up with his wonkey eye and expressive mouth that you want to reach out and touch. My mouth curls into a slight grin each time view this.

• 2 Sarah // Apr 2, 2009 at 9:06 pm

Sonya, ‘wonkey’ oh, I really like that description. I have been having a hard time describing my feelings when I look at it because I was definitely led in a different direction as I was working on it.

• 3 Vikki // Apr 2, 2009 at 9:13 pm

I love this piece also. The mouth is very cool but I love those lavendar eyes also. They have a childish innocense to them.

Is the hat clay or is that material?

• 4 Sarah // Apr 4, 2009 at 6:33 pm

Vikki, thank you! The hat is clay, sculpted around an armature like the face.

• 5 Vikki // Apr 4, 2009 at 7:17 pm

That’s incredible Sarah! It really gives the appearance of fabric. I’ve worked with clay enough to know that requires a great deal of skill to push the texture. You’re very talented.

• 6 Sarah // Apr 6, 2009 at 9:11 pm

That is so nice of you to say, Vikki, thank you. Coming from someone with your exquisite, breathtaking art and experience I do not take your thoughtful words lightly 🙂

• 7 Vikki // Apr 6, 2009 at 10:01 pm

Thank you sweetgril. I mean every word I write to you.

BTW-I hope you’re thinking about doing a clay sun face for theme 7? That would totally blow the segment producer out the water.

• 8 Vikki // Apr 6, 2009 at 10:02 pm

BTW- that was suppose to be sweet ‘girl’ not gril.
    -to funny.

• 9 Sarah // Apr 9, 2009 at 1:55 pm

🙂 Yes, I am planning on it…sketched some ideas and will begin soon once I decide. That is what holds me up, though, so I usually end up just starting with a rough idea and let what happens happen. More organic and artsy that way, I think, anyway, yeah?!

• 10 Vikki // Apr 9, 2009 at 5:44 pm

Hey- I do the same thing with my paintings. The end result is always an evolution.

• 11 Sonya Meglaurel // Apr 13, 2009 at 6:58 pm

Stick some spring tulips in his cap in a glass jar and he will be the Wonkey Jersey Gril Hit of the Wall! Can’t wait to see your Sun later this month!

• 12 Sarah // Apr 14, 2009 at 7:53 pm

Sonya, yes, perfect!! ‘Hit of the Wall,’ that is so funny to me (it could make all the other walls jealous 🙂 And, thank you. Based on all of you extraordinary painters I know it will be beautiful to see all the suns together. Cohesive individuality.