Art Challenge #7: Sun Art

April 25th, 2009 · 9 Comments

Allen Pizzey be my muse!
Charles Osgood sing my reviews!

Mo  and Leslie, I love your styles;
show my painting with your big smiles!

CBS increase my earning!
National exposure on Sunday Morning!

CBS Sunday Morning television show is a staple of society and loved by millions.  It is an intellectual ‘slice of Americana’ encapsulating current events, art, travel, politics, nature, and everyday people. The paintings in this gallery are created by the members of The Artist Challenge and now part of the CBS Sunday Morning Art Library for use with the show’s  segments.

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: Art Challenges ·

• 1 Beckie Leone // Apr 25, 2009 at 7:35 am

Each of the 7 paintings are so beautifully detailed and colorful. The candle is wonderful and a great example of art in its various forms. The collection together is a joy to behold, all the same and all so different!

• 2 Vikki // Apr 25, 2009 at 1:52 pm

Ahoy you Sun Art painting Artist Maniacs!

YOUR WORK IS OUTSTANDING- each and every one !

Your mega jpgs are on a CD and an 8”x10 glossy has been made of each sun art image in this gallery. Your art is headed for the Big Apple on Monday morning!!!

Don’t forget to place a thumbnail of your work or the CBS SUNDAY MORNING logo on your art site. I have it posted in the pub under-

Be sure and let your patrons know that YOUR WORK is now part of CBS SUNDAY MORNING Art Library. (The one that I have on my art blog has brought me several giclee sales of my 2008 Sun art painting)

If your work is used on air we will notify you immediately and send you a link to SUNDAY MORNING online video of your segment so you can link it to your site.

Small gallery with this theme? And you say “That’s to bad?”

The 8 of us that submitted our art WILL BE GETTING 100% THE CBS SEGMENT PRODUCER’S ATTENTION!!!! It’s all in the way you look at you silly children! As for me, I’m loving them odds! Whewhooooooo!

Vikki/ aka Pub Wench

• 3 Vikki // Apr 25, 2009 at 1:55 pm

A note to those members who submitted their sun art without a recompense payment:

Some Artist Challenge themes do have cost involved. That is the purpose of the fee.

Although we do value you greatly, allowing you to participate without recompense wouldn’t be fair to the other members.

We don’t want anyone to miss out on the opportunity to participate in the Challenge process, so we do provide free theme galleries every month.

This month’s free theme gallery is “Spring Fever” and publishes this coming weekend. We already have submissions pouring in for this gallery and we would really love for you to be part of it.

Vikki/ aka Pub Wench

• 4 MDE Art Blog // Apr 25, 2009 at 10:05 pm

Thank you to all the artists participating in this months art challenge! It was another fun theme, and I’m delighted that all of our work is now part of the CBS News Sunday Morning Art Library!

And a special thanks to Vikki North for all her work and effort to promote the gracious artists participating in this month’s recompense theme! I appreciate you! 🙂

• 5 Sarah // Apr 26, 2009 at 12:04 pm

Yes, I agree, it was fun 🙂 Again, interesting to see different interpretations. I want to thank Vikki, also!

• 6 Marian Fannon Christian // Apr 28, 2009 at 2:22 am

Thanks for the opportunity Vikki and the results are beautiful collectively and individually

• 7 Sonya // Apr 28, 2009 at 5:58 pm

Sun Art; this challenge really was just a free for all-the ideas started falling off the brush. Having fun now developing different versions digitally for prints. Has been no moonlit in my dreams for many a night. Vikki-Michael thanks for providing this vehicle to have work shown. Just love when the random images start mixing them up in the side car of the site.

• 8 vikki // Apr 28, 2009 at 7:09 pm

Hi Sonya,

Thank you . That’s so nice to hear. I’ve gotten to see your digital variations and they ARE FABULOUS!

Michael and I found, long before we even started the Challenge site, that just challenging one another to come up with a concept really pushed us both to deal with subject matter that we may never have approached on our own.
    I think it’s really an extraordinary excercize for artist. The creative juices feeding that grey matter really opens up.

• 9 sandyz // May 9, 2009 at 11:24 am

I finally had time to get over here, all I can say is that all of the art work is stunning.