Michael Edens

Location: USA
Title: Colorful Sun
Size: 11″ x 14″
Medium: Watercolors, Pens, Markers, Colored Pencils, Paint Pens, Oil Pastels
Link: http://www.mde-art.com/

From the Artist:
The intensity and vibrancy of a star, the source of light and color. More sun art drawings are available on the art blog.

Tags: ·

• 1 Sonya Meglaurel // Apr 26, 2009 at 11:48 am

you and I were kinda on the same page with our concepts just didn’t know how to convey the explosion of the brillant Star as you have. Not sure which is better; viewing the work finished or the process you used to develop the sun art. The Sun was perfect selection for the way you present your work; Dynamic.

• 2 Vikki // Apr 26, 2009 at 12:52 pm

Michael,
    Again- what everyone misses with the restriction of online. Your mega-momma jpg of this was screaming and so intense! I could see every subtle line…..and there is no WAY anyone can understand the level of detail and depths of underlieing color and chaos. The large jpgs was truly like I was seeing the actual image right infront of me.

Nice work… and I appreciate you too, Partner.

• 3 Candle Artist Jfay // Apr 26, 2009 at 3:03 pm

The source of light and color indeed! I can hardly take my eyes away, it is truly mesmerizing.

• 4 Marian Fannon Christian // Apr 28, 2009 at 2:19 am

I love the colours and the quality of intense blinding light

• 5 Sarah // Apr 28, 2009 at 9:58 pm

After gazing at this for a while I felt like I wanted to sit in the center and be wrapped up in all the astounding and interweaving colors. (Oh, and I would love to take your lonely chimp home with me 🙂

• 6 MDE Art Blog // Apr 28, 2009 at 10:14 pm

@ Sonya – Thanks Sonya! I can definitely see similarities in our work! I’m learning so much from your sun art!

@ Vikki – Thank you Vikki! You got the full force of it! lol. Definitely a lot going on in there! 😉

@ Jfay – lol, woohoo! Thanks Jfay!

@ Marian – Thank you for the feedback! The colors were a challenge and joy to work with!

@ Sarah – Yea, it’s a whole world of colors all around! And thanks for noticing the Chimp! He’s a fave. Everyone’s probably wondering what we’re talking about, lol. I’ll throw a banana. 😉